Things are about to get crazy around here! I am having a wedding in exactly 13 days from today! We have all really been trying to watch what we eat around here so we can fit into our wedding day attire. We’ve had an abundance of veggies and PEACHES! (There is a peach farm on the way to Dallas on I45 which I have frequented at least once a week for some deliciously juicy, local, homegrown peaches. MMMMmmmm) We have also been parking at the very back of the parking lots to clock in just a few more walking steps in our day.
So with our upcoming event, we were in dire need of a yummy recipe that wouldn’t make us loosen our belts too much. I found this recipe for lasagna rolls with my whole foods app and just chose healthier ingredients so it was truly a guilt free meal. It is a really fun meal and not too terribly time consuming.
I made my own marinara sauce from scratch but did not post a recipe for it because I have no idea what I put in it! If you are feeling adventurous this evening, just google marinara recipes and you to may create an all veggies and herb sauce. Or if you don’t really have the time just go for an organic, healthy sauce that is low in sugar).
8 to 10 uncooked 100% whole wheat lasagna noodles
1 C fat free ricotta cheese
1 1/2 C prepared marinara sauce
1/2 C low fat mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until done. Drain water thoroughly and move noodles to a work space (you may want to pat the noodles dry and lay them out individually onto a sheet of wax paper so they don’t stick together).
3. Grease a small casserole dish and set aside.
4. Lay out all of your noodles length wise on your work space and spread about 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese and then 2 tablespoons of marinara on each noodle.
5. Lay out the spinach on top of the marinara and then roll each noodle snugly from one end to the other.
6. Arrange in the pan seam-side down to hold them together.
7. Pour remaining sauce over the noodles and then top with cheese.
8. Bake until golden and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.
And remember folks: It’s ALL about proportions!!! Did you hear me?? IT’S ALL ABOUT PROPORTIONS! Don’t eat all 8 in one sitting. Have one or two with a side salad and fruit for desert 🙂 Happy cooking!